Thursday, May 6, 2010

Praying for our Nation

Today is a called National Day of Prayer for our nation... but truly every day is a day of prayer! I encourage you to pray for the US and our leaders today. If you church or area has a special service try your best to attend. 
My church is open today for folks to come and pray. While I was there earlier, God really convicted me about a sin in my life.... not praying for our leaders... He calls us to do that in His Word... 1 Timothy 2:1-4 says : I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.
I have been seeing bumper stickers for the past few days that say FIRE PELOSI... while praying God brought those to mind and then as quickly as I saw it, He said "It should say PRAY for PELOSI" WOW! We are quick to pop a bumper sticker on our car... to make a comment about our leaders and the "dumb" things they do... but do we pray for them? While I do not have personal knowledge of Nancy Pelosi's heart, I feel safe saying she is probably not a believer. That should burden me for her. I should fall on my face daily interceding for her and her salvation because whether or not I like her personality... disagree with her on most (if not all) issues... etc. God created her... God has a PLAN for her... God loves her... God wants her to come to be saved and as a Christ-Follower it is my duty... my responsibility to seek HIS WILL and to pray for it.

This is true not only of Nancy Pelosi but of other leaders on all levels... we cannot blame the lost for the shape of this world... 2 Chr. 7:14 lays it at our feet If MY people will HUMBLE themselves and Pray and TURN from THEIR wicked ways... When we pray for our leaders instead of making jokes and snide remarks, we are humbling ourselves before God and His authority and trusting Him because HE place them in those positions.

I, for one, am seeking to pray more and complain less when it comes to our nation...

No comments: