Friday, July 23, 2010

Romans 11:33-36

I am reading through Romans right now in my Quiet Time.  This morning I read Romans 10 & 11. The verses at the end of 11 really stirred my heart and I wanted to share them with y'all.  I read in the NIV and then later looked them up in the Message. Both are sooo good, so I am sharing both!

Romans 11:33-36

NIV:

Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! 
      How unsearchable His judgments, 
      and His paths beyond tracing out! 
 "Who has known the mind of the Lord? 
      Or who has been His counselor?"
 "Who has ever given to God, 
      that God should repay him?"
 For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. 
      To Him be the glory forever! Amen.


the MSG:

Have you ever come on anything quite like this extravagant generosity of God, this deep, deep wisdom? It's way over our heads. We'll never figure it out. 

   Is there anyone around who can explain God? 
   Anyone smart enough to tell Him what to do? 
   Anyone who has done Him such a huge favor 
      that God has to ask his advice? 

   Everything comes from Him; 
   Everything happens through Him; 
   Everything ends up in Him. 
   Always glory! Always praise! 
      Yes. Yes. Yes.

No comments: