Monday, September 20, 2010

The LORD is there

As I was reading and praying this morning, I was struck by the truth of this... 

Ezekiel 48:15 is talking about the City of God.. the new Jerusalem and the last line says that the city will be called Jehovah-Shammah ... The LORD is there.

Now I know God is everywhere... but still.. as I was praying I was able to claim this truth... Lord, be with my friend who is having medical tests.. you are right there with her... help her to feel your presence... guide the medical team.... Lord, be with my son during his test today.. you will be there with him... give him peace and focus... Lord, be with my daughter at work today... you will be there... give her strength.. help her be the Light you want her to be in her workplace.. and on and on...

BUT we are told in Hebrews 4:12 that the Word is sharper then any double-edged sword... while it is so wonderful to know the LORD is there.. wherever our there is He is there! ... it is also convicting.. He is There when I sin.. when I gossip... when I roll my eyes (haughty eyes!) at my husband... when I drive over the speed limit... 

That THERE is every THERE that ever has been... is right now.. and ever will be! 

Where can I go from your Spirit?
       Where can I flee from your presence?

If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
       if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.

 If I rise on the wings of the dawn, 
       if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,
       your right hand will hold me fast.

If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me
       and the light become night around me,"

even the darkness will not be dark to you;
       the night will shine like the day,
       for darkness is as light to you.

Lord, help me... help us... to live today fully aware that You are Jehovah-Shammah... the LORD is there!

No comments: