Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Exodus 33 reading...

Exodus 33:11 "The Lord would speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks with his friend."

God still does that today. Maybe not physically face to face, but He communes with us -- is with us -- His Spirit in me!  All the time!

Moses said to God in verse 13.. "If you are pleased with me, teach me your ways so I may know you and continue to find favor with you."  This is my prayer today.

Phil. 3:8 & 10 "I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus as my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things .... I want to know Jesus Christ and the power of His resurrection."

Know.... not just head knowledge... heart knowledge that brings change in my life and is walked out day by day.

"Then the Lord replied, 'My Presence will go with you and I will give you rest.'"  (v. 14)

God's presence is always with me as the Holy Spirit resides in me.  So there is no reason for me not to have rest -- His rest -- peace.

And in verse 16 Moses replied at the thought of God not going with them... "what else will distinguish me and your people from all the other people on the face of the earth?"

Jesus in my life is what distinguishes me from the world... nothing else... He is the difference.

No comments: