Monday, February 25, 2008

A Note On Love...

My God grieves at the heroine needle.
He cries with the bitter widow.
He loves the lonely whore.
He forgives His children.
He feels for the rail thin boy, hungry for days.
He knows the names of the murdered babies.
He is patient with the stubborn atheist.
He guides the seeking.
He finds the lost.
He sees behind the mask and still loves.
He cherishes those who walk through doubt.
For through doubt and uncertainty, faith is born.
He loves the terrorist.
He provides for the homeless man I ignore.
He loves those I piously judge.He seeks out those I avoid.
He sees the ones I don't notice.
He is concerned for the drunk I mock.
He sees beauty in the self conscience girl.He is color blind.
He lifts the head of the broken.
He is forgiving to the unremorseful.
He speaks to those I don't.
He loves.
My God is a God who loves.
I'd like to love like Him, but I'd rather not, I'd rather not..
Fill me with your love, your love, your love...
Love..

by Luke Campbell, age 15, 2/24/2008

No comments: