Tuesday, April 8, 2008

How Marvelous! How Wonderful!

"I stand amazed in the presence of Jesus the Nazarene and wonder how He could love me, a sinner, condemned, unclean."

I love that hymn... I have been singing it all my life... but I wonder if I really mean it. Do I stand amazed in Jesus' presence? Do I even realize that I am IN His presence? Am I amazed at His love for me? Do I see myself as a sinner, condemned, unclean?

Oh Lord, forgive me when I ignore You and take what You did for me for granted... treating it as a trivial nothing. Pierce my heart... let me see You as You are and let me see myself in the light of Your holiness.

"He took my sins and my sorrows, He made them His very own; He bore the burden to Calvary, And suffered and died alone."

You did all that for me, Lord! I didn't even ask You to do it... I didn't even exist except in Your grand plan... and yet, You loved me so much You sent Your son to die for me before I lived... so that I might really live! How can I walk through this life and not be grateful?!

"When with the ransomed in glory His face I at last shall see, Twill be my joy through the ages To sing of His love for me."

What a promise! and what a reason to sing...

"How Marvelous! How Wonderful! and my song shall ever be... How Marvelous! How Wonderful! is my Savior's love for me!"

(lyrics from the hymn I Stand Amazed)

He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Ps. 40:3 NIV

1 comment:

David C. Russell, Author said...

Barb, hello. My name is David, also known in the blog world as mellow roc, http://graftedinandonthejourney.blogspot.com. I too am referencing this hymn, and glad to note you did as well. I trust your sentiments toward our Savior are every the same. Blessings to you.
David