Sunday, April 6, 2008

Lord Hear Us From Heaven

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place." 2 Chronicles 7:14-15

We had an amazing time at church today. Our pastor has started a series on revival... personal and corporate.. and today was about what we have to do before revival can happen... humble ourselves, pray and seek God's face and repent. He talked a lot about how we sing songs asking for God to break our hearts and we talk about our sins, but do we really acknowledge the sin in our life... are we truly broken over them.. are we truly repentant. That is a super watered down summary... the sermon will be on our church site later this week. I will try to remember to post the URL for it. I wish the worship time would be on there too. The songs were so good and we sang scripture and it was just so powerful!

The following is a song we learned today and it is just amazing... so powerful (yes, I keep using that word!).... really listen to the lyrics.... HEAR what they say and then pray them back to God and mean them! I am also includng a youtube link if you want to hear the song. It was used for a pro-life video (and yes, it is a powerful video!)

Lord, Hear Us From Heaven
by Jason Anderson

Lord, hear our cry
Come heal our land
Breath life into these dry and thirsty souls
Lord, hear our prayer
Forgive our sin
And as we call on your name
Would you make this a place
For your glory to dwell

Chorus:
Open the blind eyes
Unlock the deaf ears
Come to your people
As we draw near
Hear us from heaven
Touch our generation
We are your people
Crying out in desperation

Bridge:
Hear us from heaven,
Hear us from heaven,
Hear us from heaven (4x)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw3PNoRHaJQ

No comments: