Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Something to hold onto today....

I read this verse in my quiet time this morning. I was reading through the classic devotional Daily Light (you can read it here online: http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/devotions/daily.light/ ) and this was one of the verses they included for today. My devotion is a rewrite and uses the NIV. I got an ESV for Christmas, so I looked the verse up in it and I love the way it reads....

"Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the LORD GOD is my strength and my song, and He has become my salvation." Isa. 12:2 ESV

How awesome is that!? God is our salvation... we have no reason to be afraid of anything! Hold on to that promise today... and tomorrow... and the day after.... etc. As long as you need it. I would even encourage you to hide it in your heart so it is there whenever you need it!

No comments: