Saturday, March 19, 2011

Word of the Year: Choice

I am woefully behind on this blog!  I realized that I haven't even posted my word for the year. I started this tradition with myself in 2008. My word then was Gratitude. 2009: Peace. 2010: Change (I was not thrilled about that one, but it was perfect for that year!) My 2011 word did not come quickly as the others had. In fact, I really wondered if I would have a word. I kept trying to make words fit instead of waiting on the Lord to show me. I am a bit surprised my word isn't patience!  But He did show me late in January... Choice.

Life really is all about Choices.

I choose to sleep a bit longer or get up and have time with God

I choose to respond to someone in love or anger

I choose to exercise or sit on the couch

I choose to eat healthy or not

I choose what goes into my mind, my mouth, my heart etc.

I choose ow I spend my time, where I spend it, who I spend it with etc.

I choose to obey or disobey the Lord

I choose to take Him at His Word -- BELIEVE Him... have FAITH in Him... or not to

I choose to Walk in Faith or stumble around on my own

I choose to wait patiently on His timing or to try to make something happen on my own or to grumble as I wait

The list goes on and on and on and on.. and almost daily He shows me how CHOICE affects my life.

I pray that I will be like Mary and choose the Better thing!

Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things,  but few things are needed—or indeed only one. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.” Luke 10:41-42

No comments: