Friday, January 14, 2011

Great Verse...

Our church is once again memorizing a verse a week together for the year. And as always I am starting out determined to learn them all ... I pray I stay determined and finish knowing all 52 verses! It is so easy to slip away around March or April.

This week's is a verse I am not familiar with.. although I am certain I have read it. It just wows me when I think about it,

"You alone are the Lord. you made the heaven, even the highest heavens, and their starry hosts. The earth and all that is on it. The seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything and the multitudes of heaven worship you."  Nehemiah 9:6

WOW! Not one thing in that verse was unknown to me before reading it, but having it all put together and said so straight forward and clear.. wow. What an awesome verse.. especially when I realize that the One spoken of loves me and has adopted me as His child. This is my Father Nehemiah is talking about!

Kids often brag on their dad.. how big he is.. how tough.. just think, as a child of God I have the best bragging rights!  My dad created the heavens, the earth, the seas .. everything on and in them.. and gives life to EVERYTHING... not some things.. not a few things.. not a lot of things.. EVERYTHING!  WOW!

And again... He loves me and chose me to be His child!  That is Scandalous!  And the cool thing.. He loves you too and if you are not His child, you can be. It is a very simple task that leads to the most glorious life with Him forever! If you want to know more about becoming a child of God, contact me through this blog or check out this site:  Steps

No comments: