Thursday, November 3, 2011

More & More part 1...

There is a wonderful song we sing in church called More and More.  In my personal; worship time with God recently, this song came to mind and I started looking at the words and pull out Scripture that came to mind as I sang.

Here is verse 1... and the verses it brought to mind...

To know You as my Father....... "Our Father which art in Heaven..." (Matt. 6:9)

To know You as my King ..... "God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords." (1 Tim. 6:15)

To know You in Your resurrection power and suffering.... "I want to know Christ and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in His sufferings."  (Phil. 3:10)

To know You as my Teacher .... "You call me Teacher and Lord, and rightly so, for that is what I am."  (John 13:13)

To know You as my Light .... "I am the Light of the World. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."  (John 8:12)

To know You as a Lamp unto my feet through all the night.... "Your Word is a Lamp unto my feet and a Light for my path." (Ps. 119:105)

Chorus:  O, I want to know You, Deeper than before, and O, I want to know You more and more.. more and more.. more and more...

May that be the prayer for My heart.. and of yours!

No comments: