Thursday, April 12, 2012

A One.. Two Punch

Catching up on my reading in the Daily Walk Bible today. This verse really grabbed me... 2 Kings. 17:41 "Even while these people were worshipping the Lord, they were serving their idols.  To this day their children and grandchildren do as their fathers did."  


WHOA!  Who or what am I serving today?  Work, money, media, computer, me (selfishness), food, laziness... the list in endless! 


And a reminder that what I do today affects the generations to come. What kind of legacy am I leaving?


Then I opened up the book Mighty Prevailing Prayer by Wesley L. Duewel and read this....


"Whatever gets you too busy for prayer time, whatever distracts you from holy prevailing, whatever robs you of hunger for God, for souls, and for time for prayer warfare is a hindrance to God and His kingdom. You cannot afford it." 


Again WHOA!  Obviously the Lord is telling me something here. Time for some soul searching... by the Holy Spirit! 



Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts. 

See if there is any offensive way in me,   
 and lead me in the way everlasting.  Ps. 139:23-24

No comments: