Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Downcast

I was rather glum yesterday -- the weight of the world on my shoulders.  At some point I heard in my spirit... "Why are you downcast, O my soul?"  I knew that came from a Psalm and the point was with God there is no need to be downcast.  I let the day go on and never stopped to look up the actual Psalm.  But this morning I did...

Ps. 42:5 & 11 Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God for I will yet praise Him, my Savior and my God.

and then I read on to verse 6...


My soul is downcast within me; therefore I will remember You....

There is the key to not being downcast...

remember WHO God is... WHAT He has done... WHAT He promises

That is the cure! Remember... Focus..... on God.

And it is a choice... we CHOOSE to Focus on Him and not our circumstances.

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith. Heb. 12:2a

Let us -- again, a choice. Something we are told to do (Let us) but not made to do... it is our choice. So when I am downcast, it is my choice to stay there! Whoa!


My eyes are ever on the Lord, for only He will release my feet from the snare.  Ps. 25:15

Where are your eyes today?

No comments: