Friday, July 29, 2011

Powerless!

Reading in Hebrews this morning....

Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same, that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the devil. Hebrews 2:14 NASB

RENDERED POWERLESS!  Jesus has rendered the devil powerless in my life.. in YOUR life (if you are a child of God).  How amazing and ... well, powerful, is that!?

And then it really hit me... when the enemy has power in my life.... it is not because he has the authority to do so but because I am letting him!  WHOA!  So the next time I feel him taking power (me giving him that authority), I must remember this verse and say "No way, satan!  JESUS rendered you powerless through His death and that means you have no power in my life. I am choosing to walk in the resurrection power of the Holy Spirit that is in me!"

How 'bout you? Which power are you going to plug into today?

No comments: