Friday, July 22, 2011

Persevere!

"But the seed on good soil stands for those with a noble and good heart, who hear the word, retain it, and by persevering produce a crop." Luke 8:15

I love the parable of the sower, so as I am reading through the book of Luke I was thrilled to be at chapter 8 this morning.  Every time I read this parable, I pray to be the good soil... to hear the Word, retain it and produce a crop.  But there is one part I feel I overlook... in fact, I think most of us overlook it... "by persevering."

Once again I am reminded that the life lived in Christ is not an easy one. From Genesis to Revelation we are called to persevere.  Be courageous... Trust in the Lord... Stand Firm.... these and similar exhortations say the same thing.. PERSEVERE!

It is key to living a life in Christ.

"Therefore... let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." 
Heb. 12:1

No comments: