Sunday, January 1, 2012

In the Beginning...

Our church has been encouraged to read the Bible through in a year together. I have done this some in the past, but it has been a while. So I decided to participate this year. One downfall for me personally when doing this is I often end up reading just to check off on my to-do list that I have read and not really getting anything from it.. reading to read, not to learn.. to grow closer to God.. to grow etc.  So I am praying this year to NOT read just to read.  We read Genesis chapters 1 & 2 today and I was once again reminded of the awesomeness of our God... His power... His Sovereignty... in chapter 2 man is not a living creature until God breaths life into Him.  Oh that I would ask God to breath into my future, my hopes and dreams, my ministry, my work, my family, my marriage, my ______... then and only then will their be life there! He is the life-giver.. the only one who holds the key to life... it is in His actual breath!

And I love that chapter 2 verse 24 is a picture of marriage.. given before the Fall of man.. Marriage.. which we know is a picture of Christ and the Church... and God has it planned from the beginning. Salvation was always part of the plan because He knew we would fall.  Earlier in chapter 2 He says to Adam and Eve, WHEN you eat of it you will surely die.. not IF but WHEN. Our Omnipotent God knew sin was crouching at the door and about to slip right in and change everything.. and He already had the solution ready.

Grace did not just show up in a manger.. it was there all along!

No comments: