Wednesday, January 9, 2008

"Don't be afraid... BELIEVE!"

"Don't be afraid; just believe..." Luke 8:50

Jesus spoke those words to Jairus upon the news of his daughter's death. They had been on their way to Jairus' home so that Jesus might heal the girl, but not it appeared that they were too late.

But appearances aren't everything ... remember, we walk by faith not by sight... Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do NOT see.

As I read this familiar passage today, I realized Jesus was speaking to me... my precious one, don't be afraid -- BELIEVE!

Believe in what Lord? BELIEVE GOD!

Don't be afraid of your daughter's upcoming medical tests and their results -- BELIEVE that I, Jehovah-Rapha, the God who heals, know the plans I have for her and they are not to harm her, but to give her a hope and a future.

Don't be afraid of the call to ministry I have placed on your son's life and his desire to go to other countries and seemingly dangerous places, BELIEVE that I hold him in the palm of my hands and no one can snatch him from me... I have begun a good work in him and will see it through to completion.

Don't be afraid of financial burdens and constraints, BELIEVE that I, Jehovan-Jireh the God who provides, will take care of all your needs according to My glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

Don't be afraid to go forward with Me... to grow and be changed... for that is My will for you.. that in all you do I be glorified as I conform you not to the pattern of this world, but into the glorious image of my son, Jesus.

What are you afraid of today?

"Don't be afraid... BELIEVE!"

No comments: