Sunday, January 6, 2008

Never Underestimate

I never cease to be surprised at my gullibility when it comes to the enemy and his attacks... and I really don't know why. The Word tells us clearly that he is prowling around like a roaring lion (1 Peter 5:8)... that he comes to steal, kill and destroy (John 10:10)... and we know that he is the craftiest of all creatures (Gen. 3:1)... so why should I ever be surprised at his tactics.

I awoke this morning with a headache... not a huge surprise as our weather has had a drastic change and is now very warm and humid. Such changes often bring about headaches. The timing was horrible. Today was a big day at church... our new pastor was beginning... there were several baptisms taking place including a teen who is a close friend to my son... our youth were performing a wonderful drama.. I knew the praise and worship would be great (as it always is) and I so looked forward to the message... and yet, I debated staying home because my head ached a bit.

I decided to take some Advil and push on... and then it happened... the whispers... the lies. I was enslaved to fear and anxiety for a portion of my life and though I am free from those chains, the enemy tries time and again to capture me again. I felt the fear rising... the anxiousness... I prayed and pushed on... the enemy pressed on harder... it was truly a battle being fought within me and even after arriving at church I felt I might loose... but then I went from my simple asking prayers to proclaiming. I proclaimed the freedom I had in Christ.. proclaimed the peace of Christ that ruled in me.. proclaimed that I was covered by His blood... and that no power of darkness could prevail over me! And it didn't... and I received a blessing as a result of my taking God at His Word.. believing Him.. standing on His promises...

The service was wonderful.. the message amazing.. but more than that God was there.. no doubt about it.. and I was able to worship and commune with Him along with my church family. And even more, I walked in faith... in victory... as more than a conqueror.

Never underestimate the enemy.... he will strike at any time and in any way he can... but also never underestimate the power of our Lord that lives inside each believer... "....the One who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world." 1 John 4:4

No comments: