Friday, September 26, 2008

Psalm 24 & 25

from September 16, 2008

Psalm 24 is a psalm of praise and a wonderful segueway into Psalm 25. In Psalm 24, David declares that everything belongs to the Lord -- the Lord who is the King of glory, mighty in battle, the Lord Almighty. And then in Psalm 25 verse 1 he states:

"To You, O Lord, I lift up my soul; in You I trust, O my God."

David trusts the Lord of Psalm 24.

There are a number of verses in these 2 Psalms that are great to pray...

Ps. 24:3-6 Who may ascend the hill of the LORD? Who may stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to an idol or swear by what is false. He will receive blessing from the LORD and vindication from God his Savior. Such is the generation of those who seek him, who seek your face, O God of Jacob.

Father, I want to ascend Your hill... I want to stand in Your holy place. Give me clean hands... give me a pure heart... help me to not lift up my soul to an idol... help me tear down the idols in my life already. I want Your blessing, Lord. May I be one who seeks Your face, O God of Jacob, may all those living on earth seek Your face.

Ps. 25:4-5 Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.

Ps. 25:8-9, 11 Good and upright is the LORD; therefore he instructs sinners in his ways. He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way... For the sake of your name, O LORD, forgive my iniquity, though it is great.

Lord, You are good - You are upright - Lord, instruct me, a sinner saved by grace, in Your ways. may I be humble and open to Your guidance as You guide me in what is right and teach me Your way. Thank You, Lord, for forgiveness... my sings are great and yet You forgive them.

Based on Ps. 25:12-14, 20, 21:

Lord, May I be one who fears You. Give me a sense of reverent awe at the thought of You ... who You are... what You do... Lord, for then I will move into a closer relationship with you. Instruct me in the way You have chosen for me... confide in me, Lord.. make Your covenant known to me. May my eyes ever be on You Lord. Guard my life... rescue me.. let me not be put to shame, for in You I take my refuge. May integrity and uprightness protect me, because my hope is in You.

No comments: