Monday, October 6, 2008

LOOK UP!

I continue to read through the Psalms.. slowly... and I am enjoying them and all that God is showing me but this morning I was just in need of a personal word... I asked God to give me that... to give me a verse to hang onto this week. I have a very hectic week ahead with lots of extra activity (all good, but still...) and there are some things weighing heavy on my heart right now (I keep giving them to Him and taking them back)... He lead me to read Colossians 3, which is a most awesome passage full of great scriptures... the one that kept ringing in my mind... the one I know was His Word for me... is verse 2 which says "Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things."

A short simple straightforward verse... but wow! It is exactly what I need to do.. what we all need to do.. always! And that is my prayer today... that when I feel the weight of the world creeping in.. when I feel the lures of the world calling me... in the midst of having to be IN this world and surrounded by all that comes with it... I will look up! Not that I won't deal with stuff and people, but my focus will be on things above... my heart set on them.. my hope in HIM!

I pray that for each of you today... LOOK UP! The view is great!

No comments: