Thursday, October 23, 2008

Psalm 34

written Oct. 12, 2008

This Psalm contains one of my favorite Bible verses... "I sought the Lord and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears." (v. 4)

God used this verse during one of the most difficult trials of my life. I still remember the exact moment He led me to it and He has continued to use it in my life.

Occasionally there is a verse that God shows me and writes on my heart without my having to work at learning it ... Ps. 34:4 is one of those verses.

This Psalm of David has many wonderful verses...

v. 1 -3 David talks of always praising God and encourages us to do the same.... and it seems to me the next several verses of this Psalm explains why we should praise Him.

v. 4 deliverance

v. 5 no shame

v. 6 saved

v. 7 Angel of the Lord surrounds us

v. 8 blessed

v. 9 lack nothing

v. 10 those who seek the Lord lack no good thing

David then teaches a bit about how we are to live...

1. 13 keep tongue from evil, no lies

v. 14 turn from evil, do good, seek peace

And once again he tells of all the Lord does for us....

v. 17-19 "The righteous cry out and the Lord hears them; He delivers them from all their troubles. The Lord is close tot he brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all."

No comments: